* Bound Ada95 RM.. where?
@ 1996-06-04  0:00 jeff p drost
From: jeff p drost @ 1996-06-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey,
  I am currently learning Ada, and not having too much trouble.  I would
however really like to get my hands on a bound copy of the Ada 95 LRM.
I'm using Ada at work, and the company (Lockheed Martin) has a copy of the
old 83 RM, but not the newer 95 version.  Local book stores have been no
help.  Any help locating a printed copy would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Drost

* Re: Bound Ada95 RM.. where?
@ 1996-06-05  0:00 ` Ralf Fachet
From: Ralf Fachet @ 1996-06-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeff p drost; +Cc: fachet

jeff p drost wrote:

> Hey,
>   I am currently learning Ada, and not having too much trouble.  I would
> however really like to get my hands on a bound copy of the Ada 95 LRM.
> I'm using Ada at work, and the company (Lockheed Martin) has a copy of the
> old 83 RM, but not the newer 95 version.  Local book stores have been no
> help.  Any help locating a printed copy would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Drost

Yes - it�s not easy to get a paper version. I need one year to find
a source.

Please send a short email to:

	Judy Hively <jhively@mtc.iitri.com>

with best regards from:

Ralf Fachet
Thomson Software Products - Kleinoberfeld 7 - D76135 Karlsruhe
mailto:fachet@thomsoft.de - http://www.thomsoft.com
office:+721/98653-23 fax:-98 mobile:+172/6702627 private:+7247/85726

* Re: Bound Ada95 RM.. where?
@ 1996-06-05  0:00 ` Becca Norton
From: Becca Norton @ 1996-06-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeff p drost; +Cc: adainfo

jeff p drost wrote:
[snip]
> however really like to get my hands on a bound copy of the Ada 95 LRM.[snip]
> Thanks,
> Jeff Drost

Jeff-
The following is excerpted from the AdaIC's flyer on Ada Language
Reference Manuals -- 3 sources for bound copies are provided:

"The Ada 95 Standard is found in the Ada 95 Language Reference Manual
(LRM), accompanied by the Rationale.  These two volumes provide an
introduction to and background information for each feature of the Ada
programming language.  They provide an overview of the design team�s
goals, a summary of the language, and changes made to the 1983 version of
the standard.

Hard copies of these documents are available from IIT Research Institute
(IITRI), from the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC), serving
military, other Federal government, and defense contractors who are
registered users of DTIC, and from the National Technical Information
Service (NTIS), serving the general public.

Both manuals are available as a set for $40 from IITRI.  They are
professionally printed and bound with a sturdy, soft cover.  To order,
send a note indicating the number of sets ordered and a check or money
order for the total amount due, payable to IIT Research Institute, to
	IIT Research Institute
	Attn.:  Judy Hively
	4409 Forbes Blvd.
	Lanham, MD  20706-4211

You must specify the accession number when ordering from either DTIC or
NTIS:  Language Reference Manual -- AD A293760 [NTIS prices this document
at $61];  Rationale -- AD A293708 [NTIS prices this document at $52].
	Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
	8725 John J. Kingman Road, Suite 0944
	Fort Belvoir, VA  22060-6218
	Tel.:  703/767-8274;  DSN 427-8274

	National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
	5285 Port Royal Road
	Springfield, VA  22161
	Tel.:  703/487-4650

Electronic copies are available in several formats on the AdaIC�s
Internet Host at
...AdaIC/standards/95lrm
The HTML version can be found on the WWW at
http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/LRM/9X/rm9x/rm9x-toc.html

Electronic copies of the Ada Language Reference Manual, the Annotated Ada
Reference Manual, and the Rationale are also available on the two disk
CD-ROM set from Walnut Creek.  Please contact the company for details:
	Walnut Creek CD-ROM
	Suite 260, 1547 Palos Verdes Mall
	Walnut Creek, CA  94596
	Phone:  510/674-0783; Fax:  510/674-0821
	Email:  info@cdrom.com"

Becca Norton
AdaIC -- Library

* Re: Bound Ada95 RM.. where?
@ 1996-06-07  0:00 ` Theodore E. Dennison
From: Theodore E. Dennison @ 1996-06-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

jeff p drost wrote:

> Hey,
>   I am currently learning Ada, and not having too much trouble.  I would
> however really like to get my hands on a bound copy of the Ada 95 LRM.
> I'm using Ada at work, and the company (Lockheed Martin) has a copy of the
> old 83 RM, but not the newer 95 version.  Local book stores have been no
> help.  Any help locating a printed copy would be appreciated.

The Home of the Brave Ada Programmers( http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/ )
is always the best place to look for the answers to questions like this.

In particular, the page -
 http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/Resources/References.html#rm95paper
explains how to get printed copies of the Ada 95 LRM and Rationale.

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |