* Delay in Tasks
@ 1996-05-22  0:00 Frank Schneider
From: Frank Schneider @ 1996-05-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I've a problem with delay statements in tasks. The task entry call hangs when
delay is used. I found this problem in the bug list. Is this bug already fixed
in a newer gnat-version? Wich gnat version runs without that problem? I use
gnat 2.06 for Linux with gcc 2.7.0 (very old version I know). Is there an other
way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Frank

* Re: Delay in Tasks
@ 1996-05-22  0:00 ` Theodore E. Dennison
From: Theodore E. Dennison @ 1996-05-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Schneider wrote:
> I've a problem with delay statements in tasks. The task entry call hangs when
> delay is used. I found this problem in the bug list. Is this bug already fixed
> in a newer gnat-version? Wich gnat version runs without that problem? I use
> gnat 2.06 for Linux with gcc 2.7.0 (very old version I know). Is there an other
> way to fix this problem?

"The" task entry call? A simple code sample showing the behavior would probably
clear things up.

I'm guessing that you are talking about either:
   a) Your task isn't accepting rendezvous while IT is doing a "delay". This
      exactly what you told it to do, and is most certainly not a bug.
   b) Your whole system freezes, never to return, whenever a "delay" statement
      is used inside of the "do...end" body of an accept statement. This
      could be a bug. It could also be that another task takes over and
      never gives the CPU up.

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |

* Re: Delay in Tasks
@ 1996-05-23  0:00 ` Jon S Anthony
From: Jon S Anthony @ 1996-05-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4numo0$1r46@info4.rus.uni-stuttgart.de> Frank Schneider <schneifr@iassnb.ias.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

> I've a problem with delay statements in tasks. The task entry call
> hangs when delay is used. I found this problem in the bug list. Is
> this bug already fixed in a newer gnat-version? Wich gnat version
> runs without that problem? I use gnat 2.06 for Linux with gcc 2.7.0
> (very old version I know). Is there an other way to fix this
> problem?

I vaguely remember something like this, but it was a long time back.
It may have been under 2.06, but that isn't just "very old" it is
ancient.  There has not been a problem like this for a very long time
now and you should just get the latest version.  Why use something that

/Jon

--
Jon Anthony
Organon Motives, Inc.