From: "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com>
Subject: Re: Ada-95 Success Stories
Date: 1996/05/22
Date: 1996-05-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Richard B. Johns wrote:

> In article <319a6322.2564997@news.cais.com>, mdoernho@cais.com wrote:
>
> > Hey Gang,
> >
> > It's 1996 and there are several validated Ada-95 compilers available.
> > Can anybody post an Ada-95 success story?  (Ulterior motive: I'd like
> > to know which compiler is mature enough for serious software
> > development.)  Please provide details of your experience including
> > host, target, rough SLOC count or relative size measure, compiler
> > vendor and version, and which specialized needs annexes were critical
> > to your development.
>
> Well, this post is 6 days old, and there are no replys.  Guess the answer
> is "NO!";-).

Well, a couple of years ago I delivered a small project (~1000 ";"'s)
written with an early, buggy verson of Gnat. As it was delivered early
and under budget, and I haven't heard a single report of a bug in it
since, I would consider it a success. However, since it was basicly
converted Ada83 code, and I had to work around some GNAT bugs (2 years
ago, remember), I don't think it would fit the original poster's
definition.

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |