From: Dave Wood <dpw@thomsoft.com>
Subject: Re: gnat and dlls: ObjectAda
Date: 1996/05/22
Date: 1996-05-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Wiljan Derks wrote:

> Eric Anthony Spear wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way I can write procedures in Ada, compile with gnat, and
> > end up with a dll, which could then be accessed by a windows program,
> > like visual basic?
> >

> I wanted the same thing and I actually managed to do this. Finally I had a piece
> of ada code (with tasking stuff inside) and I could call procedure in it from
> visual basic.
> I encountered several problem however:

[much deleted]

Another alternative for those too faint of heart for this
approach is to wait a couple of months for ObjectAda for
Windows, which has a pretty simple and clean DLL import
and export capability.  Granted, the product won't be
free, but you'll have more time to spend with your kids.

Of course, I'm biased, but at least my opinion is free.

-- Dave Wood
-- Windows Product Manager
-- Thomson Software Products (for the time being)
-- Home of $99 Ada for Windows
-- http://www.thomsoft.com
-- ObjectAda for Windows timeline:
--     Ada 95 validatable:  Tri-Ada 1995 (done)
--     Registered validation:  December 18, 1995 (done)
--     Alpha test:  December 31, 1995 (done)
--     Beta 1 test:  February 29, 1996 (done)
--     Beta 2 test:  May 31, 1996
--     Shipping:  Summer, 1996