From: "Shane P. McCarron" <shane@themacs.com>
Subject: New POSIX Ada Activity Announcement
Date: 1996/05/17
Date: 1996-05-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dear Colleague,

The P1003.5c working group of the Portable Applications Standards
Committee (PASC) of the IEEE Computer Society invites you to participate
in a mock ballot of the draft IEEE POSIX standard for an Ada binding to
P1003.1g, "Protocol Independent Interfaces" (i.e., sockets and XTI
network interfaces).

We will distribute the first mock ballot of our draft document in the
very near future (June  96), and we have created an Email reflector to
disseminate information about this effort. The list will also serve as
the forum to communicate general information about this activity. This
information will include quarterly POSIX meeting minutes, schedules, and
announcements.

If you would like to participate in the mock ballot, or take an active
role in the working group, or if you simply have an interest in
observing the flow of information exchanged on this subject, please
subscribe to this list by sending mail to posix-ada-net-request@pasc.org
with the word "subscribe" in the body of the message.

NOTE: This broadcast was also sent to several Email reflectors, so some
of you may receive multiple copies of this letter. We apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause you. Also, several of you may have already
communicated your desire to participate in the mock ballot. If this is
the case, we will make sure you get subscribed to the list.

Regards,
The P1003.5c Working Group