From: Foliard Guillaume <foliard@avions.aerospatiale.fr>
Subject: Re: gnat3.01/elf/linux problem
Date: 1996/05/15
Date: 1996-05-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Klungle wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago, I and two others posted a note documenting an
> execution failure with gnat3.01. The symptom is a message saying "can't
> resolve symbol '__libc_opendir'".
> (...)
> I have reloaded gnat3.01 and gcc2.7.2 and rerun
> ldconfig in every order I can think of and nothing fixes the problem.
> Tried deleting gnat and gcc from the system and rebuilding in case an
> old link was not being rebuilt, to no avail.

Have you tried to change the libc ? I think GNAT require the GNU libc
5.2.* (I don't remember the last number) or above. When installing it
do not forget to rerun ldconfig and to verify that the links really
point to the new libc (As for me, I've deleted the old ones before
running ldconfig).

> Sent a message to the gnat group but no answer or suggestion yet.
>
> Anybody got any idea what to try next (maybe reformat the drive and
> rebuild the system from scratch)??

Waooo ! I don't think it'll be the right solution ...

Hope this can help.

Guillaume Foliard
dessi9@cict.fr