From: "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com>
Subject: Re: NFA to DFA
Date: 1996/05/14
Date: 1996-05-14T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

JEAN CLAUDE GALLO wrote:

> Boaz Chow wrote:
> >
> > do you know how to implement SET adt and the operations in Ada?
> >

> generic packages
> You may found examples of SETS in "Software Components with Ada"
> (G.Booch). He explain theory of Set algorithm and Ada83 generic packages

Being an old Modula-2 programmer (where Sets are basic structure types,
like records), I have several times sat down to implement a generic
SET ADT package. Every time, I have discovered that arrays of boolean
give me exactly what I want with one simple type declaration. This
is because Ada defines the boolean operators AND and OR to work on
ARRAYS of boolean in a bitwise fashion. So why bother with some fancy
generic ADT package (that might have bugs)?

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |