* Data Object Cross-Reference Tool
@ 1996-05-13  0:00 Bruce Scherzinger
From: Bruce Scherzinger @ 1996-05-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are looking for a tool that will parse Ada source code and catalog
data elements (primarily those defined in package specs) and references
to them.  The output format should include tabular ASCII.  Does anyone
know of such a tool?  We need to get our hands on one fast.

The output will be used to produce the "global data elements" table in
the DOD-STD-2167A Software Design Document (SDD).  Information on each
global data element (types, constants, and variables) must included (at a
minimum):
- where defined (package)
- where set (package.unit)
- where used (package.unit)

Please EMAIL directly to me at the address below.  THANKS!
--
Bruce Scherzinger, Software Engineer    #####   #####  #####
Orbital Sciences Corporation           #     # #####  #

From: Bruce Scherzinger @ 1996-05-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

* Re: Data Object Cross-Reference Tool
@ 1996-05-14  0:00 ` andre_c_coulter
From: andre_c_coulter @ 1996-05-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce,

you were looking for a tool catalog data elements in packages.

Try Mccabe's Battlemap or ACT.  These will do what you want.

(800) 638-6316

sorry was unabl email directly.

regards,

Andre' Coulter
(407) 356-7490

From: andre_c_coulter @ 1996-05-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zinger

@ 1996-05-17  0:00 ` Kevin Clarke
From: Kevin Clarke @ 1996-05-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce Scherzinger wrote:

> We are looking for a tool that will parse Ada source code and catalog
> the DOD-STD-2167A Software Design Document (SDD).  Information on each

text deleted ...

> global data element (types, constants, and variables) must included (at a
> minimum):
> - where defined (package)
> - where set (package.unit)
> - where used (package.unit)

I was wondering if anything like this exists in the
VADS environment.  The goal is to find out objects
declared but never set or used.  The project I'm on,
started as a FORTRAN to Ada conversion effort (...Yes,
its sad to say that the powers to be wanted to run
a software translator to produce AdaTRAN) and now
some people (in white hats) are trying to do the
right thing and clean out objects like IGLOVEL1.
Any help would be appreciated.

 Kevin J. Clarke, Sr. Software Eng., Lockheed Martin Information Systems
 12506 Lake Underhill Road, MP 804, Orlando, Florida 32825-5002
 Ph:(407)826-6127, Fx:(407)826-6974, mailto:clarke@escmail.orl.mmc.com