* Ada Structure Graphs
@ 1996-05-09  0:00 Keith Miller
From: Keith Miller @ 1996-05-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone still using ASGs in a big way on projects and what tools support it
other than teamwork?

What chance (and what interest) is there in an updated notation for Ada95? Maybe
some of the OO CASE tools are more appropriate for the updated language.

Any thoughts?

* Re: Ada Structure Graphs
@ 1996-05-10  0:00 ` Ken Garlington
From: Ken Garlington @ 1996-05-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith Miller wrote:

> Is anyone still using ASGs in a big way on projects and what tools support it
> other than teamwork?

We still use them on F-22 (with Teamwork) to support ADARTS. I think there are other
tools that also support ASGs (ObjectMaker, maybe?).

> What chance (and what interest) is there in an updated notation for Ada95? Maybe
> some of the OO CASE tools are more appropriate for the updated language.

Cadre is apparently trolling for Ada 95 interest. Here's a copy of a FAX form I
received from them:

To:    TeleProfessional Services
       Cadre Technologies, Inc.

Fax:   401-455-6800
Date:
Pages (including this page): 1

Please check your interests below:

__ I want to learn more about real-time systems development with Teamwork.

__ I'm drowning in C code which I need to understand - Send me the white paper,
   "Simplifying the Maintenance of your C Code."

__ We're starting a project in C++. Please send me the white paper,
   "Introduction to OO" to help us understand OO design methods.

__ We're moving to Ada '95. I need to know how Cadre products will help us
   in analysis, design, requirements management, and document production.

__ I've been using another product:
   I need an update on your product line.

   Name:
   Title:
   Company:
   Address:
   City:
   State:
   Zip:
   Phone:
   Fax:

   This form may be photocopied and given to your colleagues.

* Re: Ada Structure Graphs
@ 1996-05-11  0:00   ` Theodore E. Dennison
From: Theodore E. Dennison @ 1996-05-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Garlington wrote:

> Cadre is apparently trolling for Ada 95 interest. Here's a copy of a FAX form I
> received from them:

> To:    TeleProfessional Services
>        Cadre Technologies, Inc.
>
> Fax:   401-455-6800

Hmm. I got the same mailing.

I particularly liked the following line -
> __ I'm drowning in C code which I need to understand - Send me the white paper,
>    "Simplifying the Maintenance of your C Code."

That's a completely different tone from the rest of the form :-)

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |

* Re: Ada Structure Graphs
@ 1996-05-13  0:00 ` Ravi Dankanikote 703-913-2537
From: Ravi Dankanikote 703-913-2537 @ 1996-05-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We use ASGs on a DOD project called Sustaining Base Information Systems.
It is roughly about 20 Apps with 200KSLOC. The CASE tool we use is CADRE
Teamwork.
--
Ravi Dankanikote 703-913-2537
Technical Lead - SBIS