From: "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com>
Subject: Re: Q: Dynamic tasks spawning error?
Date: 1996/04/30
Date: 1996-04-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Morgan Ericsson wrote:

> We have a problem with a program that involves dynamic spawing of tasks. We
> think this code should be legal. GNAT (uses gcc 2.7.2) manages to compile
> and link but as soon as "we" use a dynamically spawned task nothing
> happens. No busy waiting, no exceptions, no nothing!

Its tough to say without seeing the body of your task. However, when
I put my swammie hat on, close my eyes tight, place my hands the
monitor, and concentrate, the term "task deadlock" keeps popping into
my head.

If "the amazing Tedkin" is right, that would mean your task (type) is
waiting on another rendezvous which never arrives, while your main
task is attempting to rendezvous with it.

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |