* Any compiler for ada for Windows?? Specific libraries need also!
@ 1996-04-24  0:00 S. Varshney
From: S. Varshney @ 1996-04-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

HI, I'd like to know if there  is a compiler available for Windows for ADA
(winNT or windows 95 or windows 3.12).

Also, I'm looking for libraries that will help me read input from a serial
port, my task is to read analog signals from a thermometer and incorporate
that into the computer and do stuff with it. Therefore, I was wondering if
I need specific ADA libraries to enable me to either work with a analog ->
digital converter, or any library that will help me interact with the
serial port of the PC.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Suvrit
xsvarshney@ccvax.fullerton.edu

-Suvrit

* Re: Any compiler for ada for Windows?? Specific libraries need also!
@ 1996-04-24  0:00 ` Dave McKenna
From: Dave McKenna @ 1996-04-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

xsvarshney@ccvax.fullerton.edu (S. Varshney) wrote:

>HI, I'd like to know if there  is a compiler available for Windows for ADA
>(winNT or windows 95 or windows 3.12).

GNAT for WinNT/Win95:  ftp to ftp.cs.yale.edu/pub/gnat
You'll be looking for setup-gnat301a.exe
There's plenty of pointers to other archives with this file on the
Home of the Brave page, if you have trouble connecting.

>Also, I'm looking for libraries that will help me read input from a serial
>port, my task is to read analog signals from a thermometer and incorporate
>that into the computer and do stuff with it. Therefore, I was wondering if
>I need specific ADA libraries to enable me to either work with a analog ->
>digital converter, or any library that will help me interact with the
>serial port of the PC.

Take a look at Win32ada.zip;  ftp to
sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/public/AdaIC/source-code/bindings/Win32Ada/
It may have what you need.  If not, poke around in their archives a
little, there's a wealth of useful stuff.

	Dave

* Re: Any compiler for ada for Windows?? Specific libraries need also!
@ 1996-04-25  0:00 ` steve
From: steve @ 1996-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd suggest ActivAda.  It's a great product.
Everything you need to do Windows 32-bit apps for
all the flavors of Windows.

As far as the communications:  ActivAda comes with
standard Ada libraries and Win32 API libraries that
should help.

The web site is at: www.thomsoft.com

Good luck,

Steve Sivulka