* Help with GNAT for Win95
@ 1996-04-21  0:00 Jeff Mark
From: Jeff Mark @ 1996-04-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded GNAT 3.01a for Win95 yesterday and installed it with
everything appearing normal.  However, when I try to compile anything
- even their example programs - I get several error from most of the
library files looking something like this:

error: "a-strmap.adb" must be recompiled ("ada.ads" has been modified)

The files it claims have been modified are "ada.ads", "system.ads",
"gnat.ads", and "interfac.ads".

Has anyone else encountered these problems?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Mark (jmark@cs.ucsb.edu)

* Re: Help with GNAT for Win95
@ 1996-04-22  0:00 ` Mike Young
From: Mike Young @ 1996-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff Mark wrote:

> I downloaded GNAT 3.01a for Win95 yesterday and installed it with
> everything appearing normal.  However, when I try to compile anything
> - even their example programs - I get several error from most of the
> library files looking something like this:
>
> error: "a-strmap.adb" must be recompiled ("ada.ads" has been modified)
>
> The files it claims have been modified are "ada.ads", "system.ads",
> "gnat.ads", and "interfac.ads".
>
> Has anyone else encountered these problems?  Any help would be
> appreciated.

============
Get the "fix" files, 2 through 4, probably at the same place your
dl'd GNAT. Fix04 fixes the problem; I believe it had something to do
with daylight savings time.

Mike.
<speaking for myself>

Michael Young, Technologist         Phone: (312)587-2329 Ext 3041
Strategic Technology Resources      Fax:   (312)266-9161
Chicago, IL 60610                   mailto:mikey@str.com

* Re: Help with GNAT for Win95
@ 1996-04-24  0:00   ` Jordan Henderson
From: Jordan Henderson @ 1996-04-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <317C2B96.61CA@mcs.com>, Mike Young  <mikey@mcs.com> wrote:
>Jeff Mark wrote:
>>
>> [some text deleted]
>>
>> error: "a-strmap.adb" must be recompiled ("ada.ads" has been modified)
>>
>> The files it claims have been modified are "ada.ads", "system.ads",
>> "gnat.ads", and "interfac.ads".
>>
>> Has anyone else encountered these problems?  Any help would be
>> appreciated.

I had this problem and found that I could workaround this by
recompiling these specifications with gnatmake -a.  Although I
did have to move the result back to the adainclude directory.

>============
>Get the "fix" files, 2 through 4, probably at the same place your
>dl'd GNAT. Fix04 fixes the problem; I believe it had something to do
>with daylight savings time.

I couldn't find any 'fix' files on cs.nyu.edu.  Are they there and I
can't see them?

>Mike.
><speaking for myself>

>Michael Young, Technologist         Phone: (312)587-2329 Ext 3041
>Strategic Technology Resources      Fax:   (312)266-9161
>Chicago, IL 60610                   mailto:mikey@str.com

-Jordan Henderson
jordan@neosoft.com

* Re: Help with GNAT for Win95
@ 1996-04-24  0:00     ` Jeffrey A. Mark
From: Jeffrey A. Mark @ 1996-04-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jordan Henderson wrote:

> In article <317C2B96.61CA@mcs.com>, Mike Young  <mikey@mcs.com> wrote:
> >
> >============
> >Get the "fix" files, 2 through 4, probably at the same place your
> >dl'd GNAT. Fix04 fixes the problem; I believe it had something to do
> >with daylight savings time.
> >

> I couldn't find any 'fix' files on cs.nyu.edu.  Are they there and I
> can't see them?

I had problems finding the fixes also.  If you look at
ftp://ftp.cs.yale.edu/pub/gnat/ you will see the Win95 distribution and
an updates directory with the 'fixes'.  Fix 4 did correct the problem I
was having and it was related to daylight savings time.  Thanks for the
help Mike.

-- Jeff (jmark@cs.ucsb.edu)

* Re: Help with GNAT for Win95
@ 1996-04-28  0:00     ` Mike Young
From: Mike Young @ 1996-04-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jordan Henderson wrote:
> >Get the "fix" files, 2 through 4, probably at the same place your
> >dl'd GNAT. Fix04 fixes the problem; I believe it had something to do
> >with daylight savings time.
> >

> I couldn't find any 'fix' files on cs.nyu.edu.  Are they there and I
> can't see them?

==========
ftp://ftp.cs.yale.edu/WWW/pub/gnat/updates/gnat301a

* Re: Help with GNAT for Win95
@ 1996-04-29  0:00 ` W-Lt
From: W-Lt @ 1996-04-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff Mark (jmark@cs.ucsb.edu) wrote:
Subject: Re: Help with GNAT for Win95
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada

Jeff Mark (jmark@cs.ucsb.edu) wrote:
: I downloaded GNAT 3.01a for Win95 yesterday and installed it with
: everything appearing normal.  However, when I try to compile anything
: - even their example programs - I get several error from most of the
: library files looking something like this:
:
: error: "a-strmap.adb" must be recompiled ("ada.ads" has been modified)

It might have to do with the Daylight savings time thing yes, but I found
to simplly re-compile the source files is enough.
run the command:
gnatmake -a <filename>
maybe add the -v parameter there, i'm not sure, eithe rway it will force
re-=compilation of all the support files.

From then on, there shouldn't be a problem with normal comilation and
linking.

W-Lt

(***************************************************************************)