From: Daryl Siddon <Daryl.Siddon@cpmx.saic.com>
Subject: Re: Installing Gnat 'out of environment space'
Date: 1996/04/16
Date: 1996-04-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Nick Sharples wrote:

> I'm having trouble running out of environment space when I try to run the 'setpath.bat' file with the latest
> release of Gnat for Win95.
>
> How do I solve this little problem?

Another method for Win95 is to place the following in your "config.sys"
file:
SHELL=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM C:\WINDOWS /P /E:2048
                                           ^^^^^^^
                                           Your Value Here.

This option indicates that any MS-DOS shell (from within Win95) will
use 2048 bytes for the environment. You can run "help command" from
a Win95 DOS window for the particulars about the command interpreter
"COMMAND.COM."

NOTE: I had to increase the environment space above 1024 to set all of
      my existing and the new "GNAT for Win95" environment variables.

I have since transitioned with success to the approach described
by Tom Griest.

Daryl Siddon