From: Ken Garlington <garlingtonke@lfwc.lockheed.com>
Subject: Re: ACVC and Compiler Quality (was: Ada Core Technologies blah blah blah)
Date: 1996/04/15
Date: 1996-04-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John Goodenough wrote:

> The second is a "lessons-learned" paper and
> among other things, discusses the reason for taking a "usage-oriented"
> approach to the Ada 95 tests.  Unfortunately, this reference is not widely
> available and I don't have an online copy available.

Given this, could you perhaps briefly summarize how this paper addresses
the two questions I've posed?

1. How could the scope of the ACVC testing be modified to improve compiler
quality across all vendors?

   Perhaps this paper attempts to measure the impact of ACVC testing on
   the quality of Ada compilers? Defines the expected increase in quality
   from going to "usage-oriented" tests?

2. What steps could be taken outside the ACVC to improve compiler quality
across all vendors?