* A DEBUGGER  ...
@ 1996-04-10  0:00 akin
From: akin @ 1996-04-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm developing a software usinc Sun C++ on Solaris. And I need a debugger.
What kind of software are there for this purpose? Any book or any site on the internet?
I heard about sdb and dbx. But I have no idea about them. which one is preferable depending
on what situations?

Thanks.

* Re: A DEBUGGER  ...
@ 1996-04-11  0:00 ` petr
From: petr @ 1996-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

akin@hq.ctr.vt.edu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a software usinc Sun C++ on Solaris. And I need a debugger.
> What kind of software are there for this purpose? Any book or any site on the internet?
> I heard about sdb and dbx. But I have no idea about them. which one is preferable depending
> on what situations?
>
> Thanks.

Change to GNU C and use gdb or xgdb.

--
// Petr Kodl, Rockwell Automation Ltd., Research Center Prague
// pecold@rockwell.cz, petr@merlin.research.rockwell.cz