From: "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com>
Subject: Re: Annoucement :  C2ada for OS/2 !!
Date: 1996/04/08
Date: 1996-04-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dale Pontius wrote:

> In article <3169240A.41C67EA6@escmail.orl.mmc.com>,
>         "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com> writes:
> >
> >Well, if you just try to use emx-0.9b, some Ada programs will no
> >longer link, so there was more to it than this. Are you saying that
> Hopefully I'm not saying something too obvious, here.
>
> 1: Get the emx 0.9b runtime, install to a separate place from
>    the emx 0.9a installation used for GNAT.
>
> 2: Decide whether you use more emx 0.9a or 0.9b software. In
>    other words, which do you want to 'wrap'. (the less common)

It is my understanding that emacs spawns off processes to do lots
of its work (including compiling). To get this to work, one would
have to figure out which set of environment variables emacs'
subprocesses will get and make the "default" decision accordingly.
Then one might have to modify the lisp source for emacs's ada-mode
to use the "wrapped" command file for all the GNAT executables,
instead of the defaults.

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |