From: rajt@gco.apana.org.au (Raj Thomas)
Subject: Re: Setting Up GCC and GNAT under Windows '95
Date: 1996/04/06
Date: 1996-04-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:22:38 -0800, Jack Beidler <beidler@cs.uofs.edu>
wrote:

>I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who is working with either
>GNU or GNAT under Windows '95.
>1.  How did you interface the GNU/GNAT system to Windows '95?  That is:
>    a.  After loading the system how did you execute the SETPATH?

I added the contents of set path to the autoexec.bat, thusly:

SET GALAXY=A220 I5 D1 K10 P530 T6
SET TMP=d:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET LIST=d:\WINDOWS\TEMP
rem ada specific
set TMPDIR=F:\ADA\DJGPP\tmp
set GO32TMP=F:\ADA\DJGPP\tmp
set GO32=topline F:\ADA\DJGPP\drivers\vga.grd gw 640 gh 480
set DJGPP=F:\ADA\DJGPP\djgpp.env
set ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=F:\ADA\DJGPP\adainc
set ADA_OBJECTS_PATH=F:\ADA\DJGPP\lib\adalib
set GW-GNAT=F:\ADA\DJGPP\gw-gnat

>    b.  How did you link the execution of the compiler, linker, etc. to
>        source files in the langauge?
>2.  With respect to software development?
>    a.  Which editor/word processor do you use to edit programs?
>    c.  What is your preferred method of invoking the compiler?
>    d.  What is your preferred method of invoking the linker?
>    e.  How do you handle the passing of options to the compiler/linker?
>    f.  What is your preferred method of running a program?

I use adaide

>3.  On a grade of 1 (poor) to 10 (great) how would you rate your
>    satisfatcion with the approach you took.

3 on 10.
Ada ide is a fairly crappy editor.
When I have time, I plan to set up pfe to invoke the gnat compiler and
linker.
In addition, I dislike the way Ada Ide has to create a separate window
to run the compiler.

Octopus traps
summer's moonspun dreams
soon fade away.