* gnat / win95
@ 1996-04-02  0:00 Yoav Tzruya
From: Yoav Tzruya @ 1996-04-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm currently runnign gnat 301a on win95
and I keep getting
> GCC.EXE: installation problem, cannot exec `C:\gnat301a\cpp.exe': Not
> enough space

any ideas

* Re: gnat / win95
@ 1996-04-03  0:00 ` Stephen Eaton
From: Stephen Eaton @ 1996-04-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

G'day Yoav,

>I'm currently runnign gnat 301a on win95
>and I keep getting
>> GCC.EXE: installation problem, cannot exec `C:\gnat301a\cpp.exe': Not
>> enough space

>any ideas

I had exactly the same thing.  What I found was that my hard drive had
something like 30MB free before I tried to compile, then after getting
the mentioned error message I had about 1-2mb free.  I ended up moving
my windows 95 swap file to another drive that had heaps (500MB) of
free space.  Bingo! works OK now.

Still doesn't explain why >30Mb is needed on compilation.

On another note with the gnat compiler  --- has anyone been able to
successfully run the adaide and adacaps enviroments with the windows
95 version ?

Regards,

Stephen....

* Re: gnat / win95
@ 1996-04-03  0:00   ` Tom Griest
From: Tom Griest @ 1996-04-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

seaton@bis.net.au (Stephen Eaton) writes:
>G'day Yoav,
>
>>I'm currently runnign gnat 301a on win95
>>and I keep getting
>>> GCC.EXE: installation problem, cannot exec `C:\gnat301a\cpp.exe': Not
>>> enough space
>
>>any ideas
>
>I had exactly the same thing.  What I found was that my hard drive had
>something like 30MB free before I tried to compile, then after getting
>the mentioned error message I had about 1-2mb free.  I ended up moving
>my windows 95 swap file to another drive that had heaps (500MB) of
>free space.  Bingo! works OK now.
>
>Still doesn't explain why >30Mb is needed on compilation.

The problem (as noted before) was very large stack commit values for
several executables.  These are not necessary for most programs, and
so a fix was developed.  You can get the two "fixes" at:

   ftp.cs.yale.edu/pub/gnat/updates/gnat301a

>On another note with the gnat compiler  --- has anyone been able to
>successfully run the adaide and adacaps enviroments with the windows
>95 version ?

The Adaide will run on WinNT, and I would assume on Win95 as well.
You have to change the batch file that runs when a compile is initiated
though.

-Tom