From: "Jere W. Retzer" <jretzer@nsrvan.van.wa.us>
Subject: Re: Ada95 for Windows 95 Reviewers Wanted
Date: 1996/03/25
Date: 1996-03-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Crawley wrote (in part):

> I'm in no position to judge whether or not RR's bindings are of good
> quality, but I think that my point is a valid one anyway.  The Ada
> user community would not be well served by having lots of mutually
> incompatible W95 binding products.  I would hope that the Ada
> community is now mature enough to strongly resist such a trend!

Two of the advantages of Ada being its readability and portability, I would
be interested in what people think of the readability of windows Ada code.
My first reaction to the win32 bindings code I have seen is that it is
difficult to read, but I am admittedly new.  Also, what happens to
portability in general when the program is targeted to an environment that
requires bindings?  For that matter, will we have portability problems if we
use bindings from different vendors as implied above?  Are these two
attributes affected by the 'thickness' of the binding as it is being
discussed here?