* Re: how can I see the c-code generated by GNAT
@ 1996-03-19  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1996-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Ruch wrote:

> I am using GNAT on a DOS machine. How can I see
> the C-code generated by gcc or gnat1?

I guess this is another vote for "GnAda".  :-)

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |

* Re: how can I see the c-code generated by GNAT
@ 1996-03-19  0:00 ` Tom Griest
From: Tom Griest @ 1996-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: cruch

cruch@disun23.epfl.ch (Christoph Ruch) writes:
>I am using GNAT on a DOS machine. How can I see
>the C-code generated by gcc or gnat1?

This is going to be tough.  Neither gcc nor gnat1 generate any
"C-code".  Gnat1 does generate assembly language which is preserved
if you use the -S switch.

-Tom

* how can I see the c-code generated by GNAT
@ 1996-03-19  0:00 Christoph Ruch
From: Christoph Ruch @ 1996-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using GNAT on a DOS machine. How can I see
the C-code generated by gcc or gnat1?

--

  Christoph.Ruch@studi.epfl.ch
  http://diwww.epfl.ch/~cruch

* Re: how can I see the c-code generated by GNAT
@ 1996-03-19  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph says

"I am using GNAT on a DOS machine. How can I see
the C-code generated by gcc or gnat1?"

You see all the C code generated by gnat1 and gcc everytime you run GNAT,
namely NONE! GNAT does not generate C.

What you may find interesting is the low level pseudo-Ada output by the
-gnatdg switch.

* Re: how can I see the c-code generated by GNAT
@ 1996-03-24  0:00   ` Chris Craig
From: Chris Craig @ 1996-03-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com> wrote:

>I guess this is another vote for "GnAda".  :-)

Wouldn't that then stand for "GnAda's not Ada".   ;-)

Chris Craig, Independent Software Engineer
Pentridge Down Lodge, Pentridge, Salisbury, SP5 5QX, UK
Phone [+44](0)1725 552065  Email ccbc@bcs.org.uk  Compuserve 100664,3624

* Re: how can I see the c-code generated by GNAT
@ 1996-03-25  0:00     ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1996-03-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Craig wrote:

> Ted Dennison <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com> wrote:
>
> >I guess this is another vote for "GnAda".  :-)
>
> Wouldn't that then stand for "GnAda's not Ada".   ;-)

Hmm. You have a point there...

Perhaps GnANCC ( Gnu Ada is Not a C Compiler)?  Nah.
        GnANAT (Gnu Ada is Not an Ada Translator)?

I know! Let's put the fact that it does not translate into C on a
web page somewhere, and name the compiler after the URL. :-)