From: "Byron B. Kauffman" <KauffmanBB@lfwc.lockheed.com>
Subject: Re: AJPO is still clueless about the reality of DoD Ada rejection
Date: 1996/03/18
Date: 1996-03-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ken, you know we're both on the same side, BUT you and I both know of
cases where more money was spent (in manhours) justifying a Ada waiver
than would have been used if they had just done the Ada like good little
boys and girls. Case in point, a few years ago General Dynamics laid off
a few hundred Ada folks (thank you, Dick Cheney), while the VERY NEXT
WEEK other avionics-related departments were trying to justify an Ada
waiver because they didn't have anyone with Ada experience!!!
Personally, that news didn't sit very well with me while I was standing
in the unemployment line with some very good engineers, and may have
permanently effected my opinion of anti-Ada (alias gutless weenies)
management types...

Please forgive me, but it's a rainy Monday morning and my alma mater got
their butts kicked in the NCAAs.