From: Ted Dennison <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com>
Subject: Re: Ada news from ACM
Date: 1996/02/19
Date: 1996-02-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Kenneth Mays wrote:

> Recent events and news about Ada related topics thanks to ACM SigAda
> ported to comp.lang.ada for your viewing.
>
> Ada programmer and author Tom Strelich put a plug for the Ada
> language in the upcoming movie, Out There.
>
> The movie will premire on Sunday, November 19, 1995 at 8:00 P.M.on
> the Showtime cable movie channel. The Ada mention is about 45 minutes
> into the movie.

This note is of course a little late. However, I did happen to notice
the Ada mention. I was watching one of those low-budget made-for-cable
movies late at night, and out of nowhere comes this Ada reference! You
could have knocked me over with a feather.

Of course I don't think it helped much that the character who made the
positive mention of Ada lived in a trailer park and never said more than
two sentences without mentioning UFO's or space aliens. Quite nearly a
backhanded compliment.

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |