From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: installations directory
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:03:49 +0100
Date: 2006-01-05T20:03:49+01:00	[thread overview]

Simon Wright wrote:

> "krischik" <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
>> Is it difficult to produce installation packages for mandriva linux or
>> Mac?
>
> Mandrake is RedHat based & uses RPMs. But I'm not up with the latest
> (I tend to upgrade OS when I buy a new box!).

Well, we have SuSE 10.0 and SuSE 9.2 as well. The rpm specs are now pretty
good (running right now) so with a bit of luck all that is needed is some:

rpmbuild -ba gnat-gpl-2005.spec

to create a package. And replace "SuSE_X_X" with "Mandrake_X_X" to
the .rpmmacros file.

But wait a week - I am working on the r2 release - with multiple gnat
installation. Has some advantage for package maintainer as well: I can
create Library packages for more then one GNAT.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net