From: Ken & Virginia Garlington <redhawk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Package Parts [was: Ada GC and a bunch of other stuff]
Date: 1996/02/18
Date: 1996-02-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Norman H. Cohen <ncohen@watson.ibm.com> wrote:
> Here is a half-baked proposal for Ada 0X: Allow a package to consist
> of a sequence of compilation units of the form
>
>    "package" name "(" expression "of" expression ")" "is"
>       { declaration }
>    [ "private "
>       { declaration }
>    [ "begin"
>       handled_sequence_of_statements ]
>    "end" name "(" expression "of" expression ")" ";"

I missed the post describing the rationale for this proposal; could
some one repost it?

I have one question which may have already been answered. If you
have a package in five parts, as in the original example, would you
ever add a sixth part? If so, having to change all the other package
names would seem to be counter-productive from a maintenance standpoint.