From: news@fedfil.UUCP (news)
Subject: Re: Why IBM is a detriment to non-Mandate Ada growth
Date: 4 Mar 93 03:24:38 GMT
Date: 1993-03-04T03:24:38+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <C2z4BB.FJ0@shellgate.shell.com>, rgh@camo (Richard G. Hash) writes:
> In article <SRCTRAN.93Feb22192350@world.std.com> srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian) writes:
> >     Ada will forever be dead in the non-mandated world as long as IBM is
> >silent about Ada.  Dead, dead, dead, ....[blah blah blah]
> >
> >Greg Aharonian
> >Source Translation & Optimiztion
> >P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178
>
> Yeh, I've been hearing this from you for quite some time... But the
> company *I* work for sure is getting alot of mileage out of that "dead,
> dead, dead" language. What's more amazing, we've been using that "dead,
> dead, dead" language for 8 years. Gosh, and I haven't even heard anyone
> speaking Latin in the hallways... What are we doing wrong Greg?

If you're working on military contracts, as I suspect you are, then you're
putting the lives of US servicemen in jeopardy in pursuit of the almighty
dollar.  Patriotic people will refrain from doing that no matter how great
the temptation or the delusions under which whoever is promulgating Ada
are laboring under.  I have personally turned down numerous job offers which
involved Ada for just that reason.  Most would have meant large salary
increases.

You wanted to know what you're doing wrong...  now you know.

--
Ted Holden
HTE