From: erwin@trwacs.UUCP (Harry Erwin)
Subject: Re: Shareware ADA compilers, are there any out there?
Date: 16 Jun 91 11:34:00 GMT	[thread overview]

The correct term is validated, not certified. I stand corrected.
I don't know of any validated shareware Ada compilers, and I
would be surprised at their existence. One major concern of
DoD was standardization of Ada, hence the original attempt
to copyright the name. There may be people in DoD who would
encourage a shareware development, but they are not alone.
There are also people who would be very concerned about
export controls on Ada. I'll close with that and drop the
subject.

--
Harry Erwin
Internet: erwin@trwacs.fp.trw.com