From: mjsilva@scriptoriumdesigns.com
Subject: Re: Chicken or the egg. New targets & runtimes
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:24:28 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-05-15T13:24:28-07:00	[thread overview]

On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:44:13 PM UTC-7, Rego, P. wrote:
> Some time ago I had also looked for open-source RTOSes with Ada support, and I found:
> - for AVRs, just RTEMS
> - MaRTE OS, http://marte.unican.es/documentation.htm, but for other chips
>
> and someone once suggested that making an Ada porting to FreeRTOS (which is written in C) would be easy, did not check it.

We need to differentiate between AVR8 and AVR32.  I'm told that RTEMS size is in the hundreds of kB, so I'd guess their port is AVR32.

Getting Ada with simple tasking on AVR8 would be nice just because of the large Arduino world, but I don't see any big reason to focus on AVR32.  Unless, of course, somebody has an AVR32 board and wants to do the work. :)