From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: Rumors of price change on Alsys First Ada
Date: 19 Apr 91 21:54:51 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <9104171412.AA12529@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> brosgol@AJPO.SEI.CMU.EDU (Ben Brosgol) writes:
#Although this bboard is generally not the appropriate forum to present
#pricing information, Mike Feldman's recent message that refers to
#"rumors of a price drop" for Alsys First Ada compels a response.
#
#The price of FirstAda remains $1,815 in quantity one, and we have no
#plan to reduce this.  However, we have recently removed all run-time
#license fees associated with our native PC and workstation compilers.  We
#have also recently introduced a form of site license which can
#dramatically reduce the per copy cost of FirstAda in volume purchases.
#The latter two developments may account for rumors about price changes.
#Also note that the quantity one price for educational institutions using
#FirstAda for educational purposes remains $995.
#
I rest my case about FirstAda being second on a price/performance basis.

I believe that Alsys is not the least bit interested in selling their
compiler to individuals, and certainly not to students. OK, they wanna be
the Mercedes. But "FirstAda" is still a misleading name, at the onesies
price of nearly $2000.
Prof. Michael Feldman
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 U.S.A.