* vender bashing
@ 1992-09-24  3:23 sybus.sybus.com!myrddin!tct!psycho!f310.n3603.z1.FIDONET.ORG!Randy.Baer
From: sybus.sybus.com!myrddin!tct!psycho!f310.n3603.z1.FIDONET.ORG!Randy.Baer @ 1992-09-24  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ha...oops forgot her name..but over at Meridian..the girl that
does the student compiler stuff...I read an earlier post by you
on recommending it..I called and it's on the way.  But anyways
she say she appreciated the recommends.  I really just hope it
will work for me at home.  I simply HATE using the VI editor at
school and I hope that if I do it at home and send it that it
will compile on the schools ada.. (Risc machine Atrix (??)

--
Internet: Randy.Baer@f310.n3603.z1.FIDONET.ORG
UUCP: ...!myrddin!tct!psycho!310!Randy.Baer

* Re: vender bashing
@ 1992-09-25  4:32 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1992-09-25  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <30845.12D1C93A@psycho.fidonet.org> Randy.Baer@f310.n3603.z1.FIDONET
.ORG (Randy Baer) writes:
>Ha...oops forgot her name..but over at Meridian..the girl that
>does the student compiler stuff...I read an earlier post by you
>on recommending it..I called and it's on the way.  But anyways
>she say she appreciated the recommends.  I really just hope it
>will work for me at home.  I simply HATE using the VI editor at
>school and I hope that if I do it at home and send it that it
>will compile on the schools ada.. (Risc machine Atrix (??)

In my experience, just about anything a student would write using
Meridian's DOS system will compile on just about any Ada compiler.
Just stay away from Meridian-dependent libraries, DOS calls, graphics,
etc., which (obviously, I hope) is not portable. Stick to the standard
stuff and you'll be able to move it easily.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"Americans wants the fruits of patience -- and they want them now."