From: tom@hprmokg.HP.COM (Thomas Vachuska)
Subject: Re: Re: how to do this in Ada?
Date: 15 Mar 90 16:11:40 GMT	[thread overview]

    I had a very similar problem, but I chose the dirty way of converting
the records to byte arrays and then sending them.  One advantage of doing it
this way is that one can perform 'checksum' operation on the byte array to
assure proper delivery, but otherwise this approach (as you mentioned)
completely bypasses the type checking guards and is not very robust.

    I would be very interested in finding out how one can solve this
problem (in Ada of course) a bit more elegantly.

Thanks

Thomas Vachuska