* Language Disorders (was Re: FORTRAN, C++, whatever)
@ 1992-12-29 22:05 paladin.american.edu!darwin.sura.net!uvaarpa!vger.nsu.edu!g_harrison
From: paladin.american.edu!darwin.sura.net!uvaarpa!vger.nsu.edu!g_harrison @ 1992-12-29 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Feldman writes:
> George C. Harrison writes:
>> Mike Feldman writes:
>>>>
>>> I do.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>I do too.  Reminds me of what seventh grade boys do in locker rooms, but I'll
>>not take the analogy beyond that.
>>
> Funny thing, George. Every now and then my wife looks over my shoulder
> when I'm reading this group, and she always chuckles at what she calls
> "typical male pi**ing contests". She is still waiting to see a female
> name on comp.lang.ada (she hasn't lucked into seeing one of Deborah's
> posts).
>
> Mike

With luck John McCormick (who can't respond) is reading this.  His wife is a
sexual disorder (or something like that)-psychologist.

If his wife wishes to respond, I'll forward her message on here.

George

* Re: Language Disorders (was Re: FORTRAN, C++, whatever)
@ 1992-12-31 21:45 Jo Uhde
From: Jo Uhde @ 1992-12-31 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3011.2b409374@vger.nsu.edu>, g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu (George C. Har
rison, Norfolk State University) writes:
[bunch of stuff deleted]

My spouse was rather distracted at the dinner table last night after a long
day battling with C.  This morning, my spouse sent me the following e-mail:

#The answer to my C problem is: [^,-,].
#
#Long live Ada.

> > Funny thing, George. Every now and then my wife looks over my shoulder
> > when I'm reading this group, and she always chuckles at what she calls
> > "typical male pi**ing contests". She is still waiting to see a female
> > name on comp.lang.ada (she hasn't lucked into seeing one of Deborah's
> > posts).
> >
> > Mike

Given that I am in a _legal_ (hetero) marriage and posting from my own account,
here's the puzzle:

Are my spouse's comments just part of a "typical male pi**ing contest", but
you've now seen a post on c.l.a from a female?  Or is my spouse a female
participating in a "typical male pi**ing contest", and you've yet to get
your quota of female posters to c.l.a? ;-)

Its getting pretty silly around here as the rocket scientists and space cadets
are ready to blast off into a new year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL

DrJo  ***   uhde@ollie.jsc.nasa.gov
-- Not much of a sig, but it _is_ my NASA nickname.
-- Please, apply all of the usual disclaimers.  I don't want to be sent
-- into orbit in the (unpressurized) cargo bay of the Orbiter.