From: "Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <rleif@RLEIF.COM>
Subject: New tools and old exceptions
Date: 1997/05/19
Date: 1997-05-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

From: Bob Leif, Ph.D.
To: Comp.Lang.Ada

Many of us need all of the help that we can get. Ada.Exceptions has a
function Exception_Information(X: Exception_Occurrence) return string;
Exception_Occurrence is limited private and no simple information is given
on how to call Exception_Occurrence as an argument based on a name such as
Constraint_Error.
From the error messages that I have been generating, Constraint_Error is an
exception not an Occurrence.
Therefore how does one
Exception
When Constraint_Error =>
obtain the  Exception_Information on the Constraint_Error?
I am posting this to Comp.Lang.Ada; since, I do not believe that this is a
GNAT problem.

I would also like to note for the text book authors, that describing in
detail how to maximize the information available in the Ada exception
handler would be appreciated by the students and other readers.

Thank you.
Bob Leif