* Re: Warning: Religious naming convention discussion :
@ 1997-05-12  0:00 Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
From: Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. @ 1997-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Bob (Robert) Leif, Ph.D. (RCL)
to: John G. Volan, Prof. Dewar, et al.

Please excuse, if I (RCL) messed up on the attribution

 I believe John G. Volan is the 0 and 2 '>'
and Robert Dewar is the single '>'

Date:    Sun, 11 May 1997 23:13:56 -0700
From:    "John G. Volan" <johnvolan@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: Warning: Religious naming convention discussion

> JRe: Warning: Religious naming convention discussion : wrote:
>
> > But once again, I'd want the rule to be simple and minimalistic: Just
> > always mark access types (and access objects) with "_Pointer".
>
> Bad suggestion. Access types are NOT pointers.
SNIP until end
One trivial solution to the designation of a type as an access type, is to
use "_ac". This is a readable short abbreviation. At least, I have already
used it. This is another advantage of Ada syntax.  I do not know of an
equivalent two character abbreviation for pointer.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-05-12  0:00 UTC | newest]