* Pro*Ada and Gnat (Simple Solution to the Oracle Problem)
@ 1997-03-17  0:00 Dr. Robert Leif
From: Dr. Robert Leif @ 1997-03-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Bob Leif
To Ed Bruce, J-P. Rosen, et al.

The INEL data shows SAGE-st (was AdaSAGE) to be faster than Oracle. You can
move your system to SAGE, write everything in Ada, and have better
performance.  Please see SAGEhttp://sageftp.inel.gov/sage/homepage.htm.

Although there are many fewer SAGE-st software engineers than Oracle
programmers, there is a very old saying, "You can not make a silk purse out
of a sow's ear."  The inate capabilities of Ada 95 and the present
efficient design of SAGE-st provide a significant advantage.  Also, we Ada
types should help our one commercial application.  My company Ada_Med and
our Client Phoenix Flow are using SAGE-st.  We are not Defense contractors.
  However, we do have a mandate to produce safe reliable medical software.
-------
Ed Bruce wrote
Date:    Tue, 11 Mar 1997 11:55:25 -0600
From:    Ed Bruce <bruce@HA.HAC.COM>
Subject: Re: Pro*Ada and Gnat

J-P. Rosen wrote:

> Thanks to all those who responded, it seems we got the simplest
> approach (use Pro*C).
>
> And I think my client will write a note to Oracle corp. to tell them
> what he thinks about their product...

I can tell you right now that Oracle doesn't care. They have already
announced that they will no longer support their Pro*Ada product past
it's 1.8 release. They are moving all support into their Ada Module
product. This product is currently worse then Pro*Ada as it doesn't
support aggregate data types.

Ed Bruce
<Bruce@ha.hac.com>
<ebruce@iquest.com>

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-03-17  0:00 UTC | newest]