From: M E Leypold <development-2006-8ecbb5cc8aREMOVETHIS@ANDTHATm-e-leypold.de>
Subject: Re: Licensing, again
Date: 14 Jul 2006 10:39:32 +0200
Date: 2006-07-14T10:39:32+02:00	[thread overview]

"Carroll, Andrew" <andrew.carroll@okstate.edu> writes:

> co
> this
> >
> >> You can keep your little wiki-link.  It took you more characters to
> type
> >> the links and all that elementary babble about really reading things
> >> than it would have to just answer my question.
> >
> >I, personally, think you just overstepped the line there and deserved
> >my answer to that.
> I was just giving back the same attitude that I got.  I don't see an
> apology from him to c.l.a. so I guess being rude is common here and NO
> ONE has to apologize.  We can all just be rude to each other eh?
>

> >Yes, I'm condescending. So what?
> >
> It means that your research on "the right code" is a figment of your
> attitude and not based on any fact.
>
> It shows that you are willing to continue this discussion for your own
> personal satisfaction and your intent is to mock people.  Is that why
> you are on c.l.a?  So you can give people "the right code" and mock
> them?
>
> Please, don't answer that, you'll be wasting all our time.

Dearest Andrew,

Don't be so modest. You _deserve_ an answer, even if it costs me
_my valuable_ time.

I freely admit to being an idiot for ever having taken that up, and
taking it up again doesn't make it better: Obviously some insights
don't come easier to the recipient if at all when force fed to him.

As my last answer before signing off from this thread forever, let me
just quote the the part of my mail you so conveniently snipped away:

| Overall I think you take all this much too serious.

<...>

| My suggestion would be, that you calm down and we just forget that
| episode.

<...>

| If on the other side you still think you have an issue with me, I'm
| willing to discuss it, but I suggest you write me by personal e-mail
| and spare c.l.a.

I think that (and your answer to that) says enough.

In the meantime I've come to see even the entertainment value of this
thread as rather low. As a sparring partner you're sadly lacking in
style and are indeed far from being a master of witful repartee. So
it's really time to quit now.

Still amused -- Markus

PS:

   You were also writing:

    > I was just giving back the same attitude that I got.  I don't
    > see an apology from him to c.l.a. so I guess being rude is
    > common here (...)

   From the context I conclude the "him" must be meaning Ludovic. I
   note, and would like to point out to you that Ludovic actually
   apologized to you (a thing I'd never have done in that
   case). Perhaps you should (apart from learning how to ask
   questions) also learn how to read usenet.