From: Steve Jones - JON <jon@hpodid2.eurocontrol.fr>
Subject: Re: [Apex]  Am I the only one who wants vi keybindings???
Date: 1997/02/12
Date: 1997-02-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John Gluth <jpgluth@ccgate.hac.com> writes:

> I've complained to Rational that I want my vi!
>
> I don't want to give up the nifty buttons that come with their
> editor (like Visit...the coolest part of Apex, IMHO), but I can't
> stand using a mouse driven word processor for an editor.
> I know they say they have EMACS key bindings, but my fingers
> don't speak EMACS, they want their adopted native language.
>
> Rational told me that it wasn't a priority for them, as noone
> wants to use vi.
>
> Am I the only person in the Ada development world with any
> taste in editors?  :-)
>
> John

John,

 I once was a vi freak typing out those bizarre command lines strings that
replaced the 3rd charcter of every word beginning with a d with the letter
f.  But I took some time (about a week) and decided to give this new fangled
emacs thing a try.

Its wonderful, syntax highlighting the Ada enviroment that is provided for
FREE is great, templating tools, integrated compiling, a list of the functions
and procedures in the code with the ability to jump straight to them and
all sorts of other goodies...

Join the dark side Luke :-)

--
Un Lupe en France  | Cat 1, Cha, Cha, Cha -- NERC offical drinking song
----The above of opinions rarely reflect my own and never my employers------