From: Steve Jones - JON <jon@berlioz.eurocontrol.fr>
Subject: Re: decline of Ada?
Date: 1996/11/21
Date: 1996-11-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

JBisaillon <jbisaill@brainiac.com> writes:

[..snip..]

> I've been building systems, primarily Naval systems for about 15 years.
> You can not code a system in Ada and be cost competitive.  I can get
> two or three good "C" coders, X-Windows coders at the price of one Ada
> programmer.

Ummm just one small point here. If you can find an X windows engineer
who is paid less than a standard Ada programmer then he is well
underpaid.

There are more 'C' programmers than Ada programmers but on the
other hand there are a damned sight less decent X people out
there than Ada people.

Steve Jones

Eurocontrol Experimental Centre

PS The ATC market place has alot of huge contracts out at the moment and
   they are all majority Ada projects because C won't cut the mustard.