From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com>
Subject: Re: Problem with tasking when root
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:11:12 -0500
Date: 2004-08-04T08:11:12-05:00	[thread overview]

"Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr> wrote:

> Context: Gnat 3.15p+Glade, Linux 2.4.21, Mandrake.
>
> I have a distributed application that works OK under Windows, and under
Linux as a normal user.
> When run as root, it deadlocks at task creation, i.e. I never return from
a "new T", where T is a task type.
> According to strace, it blocks within the runtime (getting into
sigsuspend).

> Does this ring a bell to someone?

Is this possibly the NPTL threads problem? Have you got LD_ASSUME_KERNEL set
to 2.4.1 when running as a normal user, but perhaps left unset when running
as root? An immediate hang is what happens when hitting the first tasking
construct with GNAT 3.15p in an NPTL threads environment.

HTH,

Marc A. Criley
McKae Technologies
www.mckae.com