From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Ada cross-compiler (Windows) to Android
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 03:06:18 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-07-15T03:06:18-07:00	[thread overview]

jrmarino wrote on comp.lang.ada:
>> In short (if possible!) what is missing from stock GCC sources to prevent
>> this?
>
> Way too much to list.  There's a reason why a separate repository
> exists.
>
>> Could the code you added be available in e.g. the form of patches to
>> apply to stock GCC?
>
> This question indicates that you are unfamiliar with the process to
> submit patches to gcc.

Could you explain how your repository is organized?  I would think
you'd cloned the upstream git repository[1] and created a branch of
your own where you maintain a stack of patches using quilt[2] or
StGit[3]?  This technique allows you to make your patches available to
anyone who wants them, even before you submit them to the FSF.  (The
Debian patches are similarly maintained in a monotone repository,
using quilt.)

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/git/
[2] http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/quilt
[3] http://git.or.cz/course/stgit.html

--
Ludovic Brenta.
The enabler generates a wide-spectrum, agile, bottom line, while