From: Jean-Pierre Rosen <rosen@adalog.fr>
Subject: Re: GNATBench 2.1.0 (free) and file/procedure naming case
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:28:16 +0100
Date: 2009-03-10T13:28:16+01:00	[thread overview]

John McCabe a �crit :
> However the latest thing I have is that GNATBench doesn't appear to
> maintain the casing I use for files/folders and procedure. For
> example, I put in TestAdaProj as the project name and MyMain as the
> main procedure and it creates folders and files called testadaproj and
> mymain.adb respectively. Is there something I've done wrong here that
> anyone can think of.

Maybe you are confused between unit names and file names. In the Ada
world, we care about units (the content), not so much about files (the
container).

In the case of Gnat, it has precise rules for matching unit names with
file names, and it requires all *file* names to be lowercase. This is
because case is not significant in Ada; there must be some convention to
make sure that BLAH Blah and bLaH all fetch the same file - here blah.ads.

In short: name your units as you please, and let the environment choose
the appropriate file name for you.

           J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)