From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: GNAT 2011 - some mixed feelings
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 04:18:03 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-06-17T04:18:03-07:00	[thread overview]

So, after two days of trying, I was finally able to download the
packages. :-)

I'm pleased to note that the package for Mac OS X finally got the g++
compiler as part of the whole suite (as was always the case for other
platforms).
I regret to report, however, that this combination is probably broken.
I have a project that works perfectly fine on Linux (GNAT GPL & FSF),
FreeBSD (GNAT-AUX), and Windows (GPL), but on Mac the program hangs at
the beginning without even reaching the first line of its main
procedure. I'm a bit lost with how to diagnose it, but will surely
report more when I find out what is wrong.
(any help is highly welcome, I will provide the necessary details on
demand)

I have also noticed that gnatmake changed its behavior with regard to
the following in library project files:

   for Library_Dir use ".";

I use such lines to link with standard libraries written in "other
languages". In previous versions, this allowed the linker to find such
library on one of its standard search paths - now it tries to read the
library file in the current directory, which fails and requires manual
modification of such project file.
I will agree that the current behavior is actually correct (after all,
that's what dot means...), but then - how can I instruct the linker to
really search on its standard paths?

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.msobczak.com * http://www.inspirel.com