* Ada on Windows? (64bit Binaries)
@ 2013-09-05 20:44 e.s.harney
From: e.s.harney @ 2013-09-05 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there an Ada compiler that will produce 64bit Windows binaries? The GNAT-GPL one by AdaCore produces only 32bit (MinGW) binaries as far as I can tell.

I looked into compiling GNAT with MinGW-w64 .. but where do I get the GNAT-GPL sources? AdaCore doesn't seem to offer a source release.

What do you use for producing Windows binaries? What does debugging look like when using a non-GPS bundled compiler on Windows platforms?

* Re: Ada on Windows? (64bit Binaries)
@ 2013-09-05 21:24 ` Alan Jump
From: Alan Jump @ 2013-09-05 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:44:06 PM UTC-7, e.s.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there an Ada compiler that will produce 64bit Windows binaries? The GNAT-GPL one by AdaCore produces only 32bit (MinGW) binaries as far as I can tell.
>

> I looked into compiling GNAT with MinGW-w64 .. but where do I get the GNAT-GPL sources? AdaCore doesn't seem to offer a source release.
>

> What do you use for producing Windows binaries? What does debugging look like when using a non-GPS bundled compiler on Windows platforms?

GNAT has been incorporated into GCC, if I'm reading the information correctly. GCC should be able to produce 64-bit binaries by selecting the appropriate option switches.

http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/GCC
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.1/gcc/

- -
73 de N5ILN
Alan

* Re: Ada on Windows? (64bit Binaries)
@ 2013-09-05 22:56 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-09-05 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

e.s.harney@gmail.com writes:

> I looked into compiling GNAT with MinGW-w64 .. but where do I get the
> GNAT-GPL sources? AdaCore doesn't seem to offer a source release.

If you go to the libre.adacore.com download section, under the
gnat-gpl-so13-i686.....exe there's a Sources line; click on that. You
don't need all the source libraries listed there; I think just gcc-4.7,
gmp-4.3.2, gnat-gpl-2013, mpc-0.8.1, mpfr-2.4.2.

I've never built GCC on Windows, so no help there!

* Re: Ada on Windows? (64bit Binaries)
@ 2013-09-05 23:49 ` sbelmont700
From: sbelmont700 @ 2013-09-05 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 4:44:06 PM UTC-4, e.s.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there an Ada compiler that will produce 64bit Windows binaries?

I use MinGW-w64 and have only had a few minor hiccups.  Specifically, you can't directly use Microsoft (.lib) style import libraries without it silently crashing, so you have to jump through some hoops to convert them.  But other than that (and some dubious Ada-2012 support), it's been pretty easy

-sb

* Re: Ada on Windows? (64bit Binaries)
@ 2013-09-06  1:27   ` e.s.harney
From: e.s.harney @ 2013-09-06  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)