From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: gnatmake: "ada.numerics.real_arrays" is not a predefined library unit
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:46:15 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-04-21T06:46:15-07:00	[thread overview]

Georg Bauhaus wrote:
> Also, I'd consider getting Debian (or Ubuntu);

Thanks; I really appreciate this but in this particular area, Debian
is probably no better than any other distribution. You see, the GNAT
implementation of Annex G is, essentially, a binding to LAPACK. The
relevant units (Ada.Numerics.*) are in a static library called
libgnala.a (GNAT Linear Algebra) which is separate from libgnat.a.
Moreover, the upstream Makefile does not build a shared version of
libgnala.a.

So, if someone wants to use Annex G you must:
- build with "gnatmake -static"
- link with libgnala.a
- link with LAPACK

It's been in the back of my mind for a few months that I should build
a shared libgnala.so, package it separately from libgnat-4.3.so, and
arrange for it to depend on lapack. Patches to that effect are, of
course, welcome and will be gratefully accepted.

To the OP: this libgnala.a only appeared in GCC 4.3 released in
January 2008. If SuSE ships anything older than that, you must upgrade
your compiler if you want to take advantage of Annex G.

--
Ludovic Brenta.