From: Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: gnatmake: "ada.numerics.real_arrays" is not a predefined library unit
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:34:17 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-04-21T14:34:17-07:00	[thread overview]

On Apr 21, 4:34 am, Reinert Korsnes <a...@b.no> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My linux system (opensuse 10.3 updated) does not
> find "ada.numerics.real_arrays.  Should it ?
>
> Details:
> --------
> I tried to compile a program starting like this:
>
> with Text_IO;
> use  Text_IO;
> with   Ada.Numerics,Ada.Numerics.Real_Arrays;
> with   Ada.Numerics.Generic_Elementary_Functions;
> procedure test2 is

> I used the command:
>
> gnatmake -gnat05 test2.adb
>
> Then I get the error message:
>
> test2.adb:3:21: "ada.numerics.real_arrays" is not a predefined library unit
> gnatmake: "test2.adb" compilation error
>
> Is there any hope for me to use "Ada.Numerics.Real.Arrays" ?
>
> reinert

I don't want to confuse the discussion here, but the OS X ada list
(www.macada.org) has been discussing this lately, (as well as
December, 2007 if you're inclined to dig through archives).

The upshot is that the file i-forbla.adb is edited to comment out one
line, so that after the edit we see this:

--  pragma Linker_Options ("-lgnalasup")

All I did then was to compile a "hello" program using -a that with-ed
Ada.Numerics.Long_Real_Arrays and Ada.Numerics.Long_Complex_Arrays,
then copied the new .o and .ali to the proper Ada library directory. I
can supply more details if needed. Also, I don't pretend to understand
why this works.

Incidentally, BLAS and LAPACK, both Fortran and C versions, come pre-
installed on OS X so linking to them is pretty trivial.

Jerry

P.S. Sorry if this post appears twice. My last two posts did, and I'm
blaming it on my browser.