* Which gnat to use?
@ 2008-04-25  2:25 Nasser Abbasi
From: Nasser Abbasi @ 2008-04-25  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello;

I need to compile some of my old Ada code. I have not programmed in Ada for
sometime and I have not been up to the current status of GNAT.

What is the current status of GNAT in terms of which version to use? I am
confused since there seems to be (from reading latest posts)

"FSF GNAT 4.3"
"GNAT GPL 2007"  I think this was released in december 2007.
and I know that latest GCC now contains gnat "in it".

So my question is, if someone wants to use the latest and greatest free
GNAT, which one of the above 3 to use?

thanks
Nasser

* Re: Which gnat to use?
@ 2008-04-25  6:15 ` anon
From: anon @ 2008-04-25  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

For old code, any version will do!

For Linux, and BSD use the version that matches your current GCC
library you have installed on your system. Mixing GCC library versions
can cause some headache.

Windows uninstall old GCC and install new Ada and GCC libraries. Sorry,
do not Trust Bill Gate or his Vista.

In <LibQj.2112$LQ4.1097@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net>, "Nasser Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> writes:

>Hello;
>
>I need to compile some of my old Ada code. I have not programmed in Ada for
>sometime and I have not been up to the current status of GNAT.
>
>What is the current status of GNAT in terms of which version to use? I am
>confused since there seems to be (from reading latest posts)
>
>"FSF GNAT 4.3"
>"GNAT GPL 2007"  I think this was released in december 2007.
>and I know that latest GCC now contains gnat "in it".
>
>So my question is, if someone wants to use the latest and greatest free
>GNAT, which one of the above 3 to use?
>
>thanks
>Nasser

* Re: Which gnat to use?