From: jmccormick@cfu.net
Subject: Re: Best book to learn ada? assuming openbsd 5.4 amd64 box here
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:23:41 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-02-20T12:23:41-08:00	[thread overview]

I cannot recommend my book "Ada Plus Data Structures" for learning Ada.  It is targeted at CS2 (2nd course in computer science) students.  It assumes that you already know the control structures and some of Ada's type model.  It then teaches the basic data structures.  Only a brief introduction to Ada's OO capabilities.  Really a beginning level book best paired with my introductory book "Programming and Problem Solving with Ada".

Since I have damned one of my books, I will recommend another that includes an introduction to Ada for folks who have skills in other programming languages.

Building Parallel, Embedded, and Real-Time Applications with Ada
McCormick, Singhoff, and Hugues
Cambridge Press, 2011

Check http://www.embedded.com/electronics-blogs/break-points/4411676/A-new-Embedded-Ada-book for a review by Jack Ganssle.

John