From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: character matching
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:21:02 GMT
Date: 2004-08-15T17:21:02+00:00	[thread overview]

First have a look at the standard library Ada.Characters.Handling
   You'll find goodies such as:

    function Is_Alphanumeric      (Item : in Character) return Boolean;

Then have alook at Ada.Strings.Maps.  There you'll find:

  function Is_In (Element : in Character;
                         Set     : in Character_Set)
  return Boolean;

I always recommend perusing the standard Ada library headers described in
Annex A of the Ada 95 reference manual.  You'll find lots of tools that do
the grunt work for you.

Steve
(The Duck)