From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: FTP tranfer
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:10:17 -0500
Date: 2006-04-24T18:10:17-05:00	[thread overview]

"Callithrix" <rhezusfactor@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1145767297.192957.283040@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...
> Anybody can point me to an example of FTP file download from Ada code
> (GNAT GPL 2005)? Or post it here. Currently I'm spawning external FTP
> client, but this is way too unaesthetic.

There is a unreleased FTP package for Claw (using Claw.Sockets, of course).
The code isn't particularly Windows-specific, so it probably could be
modified for other environments. (Claw sockets doesn't depend much on the
rest of Claw, and could have been created separately. We looked at making a
version of Claw sockets for Linux, but we don't use Linux enough to actually
do that.)

(This was included in Claw because it seemed weird by itself; if we had
packages for other common protocols as well it would make more sense.)

Tom probably can tell you more about the FTP package.

                                      Randy.