* Re: Ada PostScript Pretty printer?
@ 1994-12-03  1:17 Bennett, Chip (KTR) ~U
From: Bennett, Chip (KTR) ~U @ 1994-12-03  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Weller <dweller@STARBASE.NEOSOFT.COM> wrote

> Tony Leavitt <tony@deepthought.Sgi.COM> wrote:
> >Does anybody know of a publicly available piece of software that will
> >generate
> >a PostScript file of pretty Ada code.  What I mean pretty Ada code is
that
> >resevred words are in bold and comments are in italics.  I do NOT want a
> >reformatter and autoindenter or anything like that.
>

> Why not just jam the source through vgrind, then pipe it through
> psprint (or some other wild script, like mine here):
>
>        vgrind -d <vgrind_defs_file> -lada -o1- -t -w $* | thack | lpr
>
> Oh, here's the vgrind_defs_file I use:
> # Originally submitted from Fraser Wilson
> # Ada!
> ada|Ada:\
>     :cb=--:ce=$:bb=if|case|begin|loop:be=end:lb=':le=':oc:\
>     :pb=(^\d?(procedure|function|package|package body))\d\p:\
>     :sb=":se=":id=_.:\
>     :kw=abort abs abstract accept access aliased all and array at\
>     begin body case constant declare delay delta digits do else\
>     elsif end entry exception exit for function generic goto if in is\
>     limited loop mod new not null of or others out package pragma\
>     private procedure protected raise range record rem renames requeue\
>     return reverse select separate subtype tagged task terminate then\
>     type until use when while with xor:

I found that the above has a problem with attributes, because the "lb" and
"le" terms makes two attributes 20 lines apart look like one string
constant.  Anybody no a way to get around this (short of allowing reserved
word emphasis in strings constants :-)  ?

Also, is there a way to get vgrind to generate monospaced output?  (or is
this a function of our Sun's "lpr -t" translation into Postscript.)

* Chip Bennett, GDE Systems Inc | BennettC@j64.stratcom.af.mil  *
* USSTRATCOM/J64213             | Voice (402)294-7360           *
* 901 SAC Blvd, Suite 2B24      | FAX   (402)294-7912           *
* Offutt AFB, NE 68113-6600     | Proud member of Team Ada      *
* Opinions expressed here are my own _so_,  TTFWTW              *

* Ada PostScript Pretty printer?
@ 1994-12-01 19:47 Tony Leavitt
From: Tony Leavitt @ 1994-12-01 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody know of a publicly available piece of software that will generate
a PostScript file of pretty Ada code.  What I mean pretty Ada code is that
resevred words are in bold and comments are in italics.  I do NOT want a
reformatter and autoindenter or anything like that.

TIA,

--

Tony Leavitt

Lockheed Aeronautical Systems Company