* Unsigned Logical Operations
@ 1993-03-31  8:33 Jerry Seah Yew Nam
From: Jerry Seah Yew Nam @ 1993-03-31  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am looking for an Ada implementation of Logical Operations such as "not",
"and", "or", "xor", "asl" and "asr" on unsigned types such as byte,
word, and long word. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Jerry Seah
Defence Science Organisation

e-mail: syewnam@trantor.dso.gov.sg

* Re: Unsigned Logical Operations
@ 1993-04-02 18:51 ` Stephe Leake
From: Stephe Leake @ 1993-04-02 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9303310043.AA08374@Trantor.DSO.gov.SG>,
syewnam@TRANTOR.DSO.GOV.SG (Jerry Seah Yew Nam) writes...
>I am looking for an Ada implementation of Logical Operations such as "not",
>"and", "or", "xor", "asl" and "asr" on unsigned types such as byte,
>word, and long word. Can anyone help? Thanks.

I hope no one has such a package! Logical operators should operate on BOOLEAN
objects, not INTEGERS! If what you are looking for is operations on arrays of
BOOLEAN, then Ada already has them; see LRM 4.5.1, for example.

Stephen Leake	NASA Goddard Robotics Lab
internet : nbssal@robots.gsfc.nasa.gov